By Marah Gubar
Read or Download Artful Dodgers: Reconceiving the Golden Age of Children's Literature PDF
Best parenting literature guides books
Lists resources of biographical info for people of curiosity to younger readers.
Teenagers have their very own video games, tales, riddles, etc. This booklet offers scholars and basic readers an creation to kid's folklore. integrated are chapters at the definition and type of kid's folklore, the presence of kid's folklore in literature and pop culture, and the scholarly interpretation of kid's folklore.
While Russel B. Nye and Martin Gardner teamed as much as carry out a brand new variation of the glorious Wizard of oz., theirs was once the 1st severe research of L. Frank Baum American vintage. The publication opens with an essay through Nye, entitled "An Appreciation," that's an outline of Baum's artistic and ingenious genius.
Lots of the fairy stories that we grew up with we all know because of the Brothers Grimm. Jack Zipes, certainly one of our top of the line publications during the international of fairy stories and their feedback, takes at the back of the romantics mythology of the wandering brothers. Bringing to undergo his personal serious services, in addition to new biographical details, Zipes examines the interplay among the Grimms' lives and their paintings.
- Power, Voice and Subjectivity in Literature for Young Readers (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Lois Lenski: Storycatcher
- Human Rights in Children's Literature: Imagination and the Narrative of Law
- Alternating Narratives in Fiction for Young Readers: Twice Upon a Time (Critical Approaches to Children's Literature)
- Reading Series Fiction: From Arthur Ransome to Gene Kemp
Additional resources for Artful Dodgers: Reconceiving the Golden Age of Children's Literature