By Alistair D. Swale
Read or Download Anime Aesthetics: Japanese Animation and the 'Post-Cinematic' Imagination PDF
Similar parenting literature guides books
Lists resources of biographical details for people of curiosity to younger readers.
Little ones have their very own video games, tales, riddles, etc. This ebook offers scholars and normal readers an creation to kid's folklore. incorporated are chapters at the definition and category of kid's folklore, the presence of kid's folklore in literature and pop culture, and the scholarly interpretation of kid's folklore.
While Russel B. Nye and Martin Gardner teamed as much as convey out a brand new version of the fantastic Wizard of ounces, theirs was once the 1st severe research of L. Frank Baum American vintage. The booklet opens with an essay through Nye, entitled "An Appreciation," that's an summary of Baum's inventive and creative genius.
Many of the fairy stories that we grew up with we all know because of the Brothers Grimm. Jack Zipes, certainly one of our ultimate publications during the international of fairy stories and their feedback, takes at the back of the romantics mythology of the wandering brothers. Bringing to endure his personal serious services, in addition to new biographical info, Zipes examines the interplay among the Grimms' lives and their paintings.
- Once Upon a Time in a Different World: Issues and Ideas in African American Children’s Literature (Children's Literature and Culture)
- Conceptualizing Cruelty to Children in Nineteenth-Century England: Literature, Representation, and the NSPCC (Studies in Childhood, 1700 to the Present)
- The Logic of Alice: Clear Thinking in Wonderland
- Higher English for CfE: The Textbook
- Multicultural Literature and Response: Affirming Diverse Voices
- Conversations with Maurice Sendak (Literary Conversations Series)
Additional info for Anime Aesthetics: Japanese Animation and the 'Post-Cinematic' Imagination