By Laura Barsanti,Paolo Gualtieri
A single-source reference at the biology of algae, Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, moment Edition examines an important taxa and constructions for freshwater, marine, and terrestrial sorts of algae. Its accomplished insurance is going from algae's historic function via its taxonomy and ecology to its common product possibilities.
The authors have accumulated an important volume of recent fabric because the book of the 1st variation. This thoroughly revised moment version includes many alterations and additions together with the following:
- All revised and rewritten tables, plus new figures, many in color
- A interesting new bankruptcy: Oddities and Curiosities within the Algal World
- Expanded info on algal anatomy
- Absorption spectra from all algal divisions, chlorophylls, and accent pigments
- Additional info on assortment, garage, and maintenance of algae
- Updated part on algal pollutants and algal bioactive molecules
The book's unifying topic is at the vital function of algae within the earth's self-regulating existence aid method and its functionality inside restorative versions of planetary wellbeing and fitness. It additionally discusses algae's biotechnological functions, together with power dietary and pharmaceutical items. Written for college students in addition to researchers, academics, and pros within the box of phycology and utilized phycology, this new full-color variation is either illuminating and encouraging.
Read or Download Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition PDF
Best marine biology books
Marine Biology covers the fundamentals of marine biology with a world procedure, utilizing examples from various areas and ecosystems all over the world. This introductory, one-semester textual content is designed for non-majors. Authors Castro and Huber have made a distinct attempt to incorporate strong simple technology content material wanted in a normal schooling direction, together with the basic ideas of biology, the actual sciences, and the clinical technique.
The grey Whale: Eschrichtius robustus presents an advent to the knowledge of Eschrichtius robustus or the grey whale. This ebook explores the existence approaches, replica, and development of huge cetacean populations. prepared into 4 elements encompassing 25 chapters, this booklet starts off with an outline of the grey whale evolution, fossils, and subfossil is still, diversity, and systematics in historic occasions.
The tale of the USS Indianapolis is famous. After supplying the most important elements of the atomic bomb that might point Hiroshima in 1945, the Indianapolis was once sunk by means of a jap submarine within the South China Sea. Of the approximately 1,200 males aboard, 900 survived the torpedoing, spilling into the ocean. White tip sharks all started attacking the subsequent morning and after 4 days simply three hundred sailors have been alive to rescue.
This publication summarizes and analyzes the biology, ecology, exploitation and administration of small cetaceans in Japan. It describes a number of the different types of cetacean fisheries in Japan and their ancient improvement, the lifestyles histories and ecologies of the most species concerned, and the background and difficulties of conservation and administration.
- Evolutionary Transitions to Multicellular Life: Principles and mechanisms (Advances in Marine Genomics)
- Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review, Volume 39 (Oceanography and Marine Biology - An Annual Review)
- Marine Mammals: Evolutionary Biology
- Ecosystem Concepts for Sustainable Bivalve Mariculture
- Oil Spill Monitoring Handbook
- Oceans Past: Management Insights from the History of Marine Animal Populations (Earthscan Research Editions)
Extra resources for Algae: Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biotechnology, Second Edition