By Jeffrey B. Graham
Each bankruptcy offers a old historical past, info the current prestige of data within the box, and defines the questions desiring recognition in destiny examine. completely referenced, containing greater than 1,000 citations, and good documented with figures and tables, Air-Breathing Fishes is accomplished in its insurance and may definitely have broad allure. Researchers in vertebrate biology, paleontology, ichthyology, vertebrate evolution, average heritage, comparative body structure, anatomy and lots of different fields will locate whatever new and interesting in Air-Breathing Fishes.
- Offers an entire review of an immense and immensely fascinating zone of research
- Provides a viewpoint of air-breathing fish that spans three hundred million years of vertebrate evolution
- Contains various illustrations in addition to finished charts
- Provides a synoptic remedy of all of the recognized air-breathing species with very important facts on their morphological and physiological adaptations
Read Online or Download Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation PDF
Similar marine biology books
Marine Biology covers the fundamentals of marine biology with an international process, utilizing examples from a number of areas and ecosystems around the world. This introductory, one-semester textual content is designed for non-majors. Authors Castro and Huber have made a different attempt to incorporate stable uncomplicated technological know-how content material wanted in a basic schooling path, together with the elemental ideas of biology, the actual sciences, and the medical strategy.
The grey Whale: Eschrichtius robustus presents an advent to the certainty of Eschrichtius robustus or the grey whale. This ebook explores the lifestyles methods, replica, and development of enormous cetacean populations. equipped into 4 components encompassing 25 chapters, this publication starts with an summary of the grey whale evolution, fossils, and subfossil continues to be, diversity, and systematics in old occasions.
The tale of the USS Indianapolis is famous. After supplying the most important parts of the atomic bomb that may point Hiroshima in 1945, the Indianapolis used to be sunk via a jap submarine within the South China Sea. Of the approximately 1,200 males aboard, 900 survived the torpedoing, spilling into the ocean. White tip sharks begun attacking the following morning and after 4 days simply three hundred sailors have been alive to rescue.
This publication summarizes and analyzes the biology, ecology, exploitation and administration of small cetaceans in Japan. It describes a number of the kinds of cetacean fisheries in Japan and their ancient improvement, the lifestyles histories and ecologies of the most species concerned, and the background and difficulties of conservation and administration.
- Aquaculture Biosecurity: Prevention, Control, and Eradication of Aquatic Animal Disease (World Aquaculture Society Book series)
- Marine Enzymes Biotechnology: Production and Industrial Applications, Part III - Application of Marine Enzymes (Advances in Food and Nutrition Research)
- Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review, Volume 48 (Oceanography and Marine Biology - An Annual Review)
- Aquatic Dermatology
- Ecology of Fishes on Coral Reefs
- Marine Mammals: Evolutionary Biology
Extra info for Air-Breathing Fishes: Evolution, Diversity, and Adaptation