By Michael P. Lesser
Advances in Marine Biology has been delivering in-depth and updated studies on all facets of marine biology in view that 1963--over forty years of exceptional assurance! The sequence is celebrated for its first-class stories and modifying. Now edited by means of Michael Lesser (University of latest Hampshire, united states) with an across the world well known Editorial Board, the serial publishes in-depth and updated content material on many subject matters that would entice postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries technology, ecology, zoology, and organic oceanography.
- Advances in Marine Biology has been delivering in-depth and updated studies on all facets of marine biology because 1963--over forty years of exceptional coverage!
- The sequence is widely known for its excellence of reports and editing
- Now edited through Michael Lesser (University of recent Hampshire, united states) with an the world over popular Editorial Board, the serial publishes in-depth and up to date content material on many subject matters that might entice postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries technology, ecology, zoology, and organic oceanography
Read or Download Advances in Marine Biology: 66 PDF
Similar marine biology books
Marine Biology covers the fundamentals of marine biology with an international method, utilizing examples from a number of areas and ecosystems all over the world. This introductory, one-semester textual content is designed for non-majors. Authors Castro and Huber have made a distinct attempt to incorporate reliable easy technology content material wanted in a basic schooling direction, together with the basic rules of biology, the actual sciences, and the clinical procedure.
The grey Whale: Eschrichtius robustus presents an advent to the certainty of Eschrichtius robustus or the grey whale. This ebook explores the lifestyles methods, copy, and progress of huge cetacean populations. geared up into 4 elements encompassing 25 chapters, this e-book starts with an summary of the grey whale evolution, fossils, and subfossil continues to be, diversity, and systematics in ancient occasions.
The tale of the USS Indianapolis is recognized. After providing an important elements of the atomic bomb that may point Hiroshima in 1945, the Indianapolis was once sunk by way of a eastern submarine within the South China Sea. Of the approximately 1,200 males aboard, 900 survived the torpedoing, spilling into the ocean. White tip sharks started attacking the subsequent morning and after 4 days simply three hundred sailors have been alive to rescue.
This ebook summarizes and analyzes the biology, ecology, exploitation and administration of small cetaceans in Japan. It describes a few of the kinds of cetacean fisheries in Japan and their old improvement, the lifestyles histories and ecologies of the most species concerned, and the heritage and difficulties of conservation and administration.
- Marine Macroecology
- The Silicon Cycle: Human Perturbations and Impacts on Aquatic Systems (Scientific Committee on Problems of the Environment (SCOPE) Series)
- Marine Ecology: Processes, Systems, and Impacts
- Thorp and Covich's Freshwater Invertebrates: Keys to Nearctic Fauna
- Advances in Marine Biology: 59
- Marine Ecology in a Changing World
Extra resources for Advances in Marine Biology: 66