By John H.S. Blaxter,Alan J. Southward
- Up-to-date studies on marine biology
- Particular specialize in plankton, fisheries, and crustacea
- Volume 31 contains taxonomic index, cumulative index of titles, and cumulative index of authors for Volumes 1-31
Read Online or Download Advances in Marine Biology: 31 PDF
Best marine biology books
Marine Biology covers the fundamentals of marine biology with an international strategy, utilizing examples from various areas and ecosystems world wide. This introductory, one-semester textual content is designed for non-majors. Authors Castro and Huber have made a distinct attempt to incorporate reliable simple technological know-how content material wanted in a normal schooling direction, together with the elemental ideas of biology, the actual sciences, and the medical procedure.
The grey Whale: Eschrichtius robustus offers an advent to the certainty of Eschrichtius robustus or the grey whale. This ebook explores the lifestyles procedures, replica, and development of enormous cetacean populations. equipped into 4 components encompassing 25 chapters, this ebook starts off with an summary of the grey whale evolution, fossils, and subfossil is still, variety, and systematics in historic occasions.
The tale of the USS Indianapolis is recognized. After providing the most important elements of the atomic bomb that will point Hiroshima in 1945, the Indianapolis used to be sunk through a jap submarine within the South China Sea. Of the approximately 1,200 males aboard, 900 survived the torpedoing, spilling into the ocean. White tip sharks started attacking the following morning and after 4 days in simple terms three hundred sailors have been alive to rescue.
This e-book summarizes and analyzes the biology, ecology, exploitation and administration of small cetaceans in Japan. It describes a number of the varieties of cetacean fisheries in Japan and their ancient improvement, the existence histories and ecologies of the most species concerned, and the historical past and difficulties of conservation and administration.
- Seaweed Biology: Novel Insights into Ecophysiology, Ecology and Utilization: 219 (Ecological Studies)
- Methods for the Study of Deep-Sea Sediments, Their Functioning and Biodiversity
- Principles of Tidal Sedimentology
- Faszination Meeresforschung: Ein ökologisches Lesebuch (German Edition)
- River Habitats for Coarse Fish: How Fish Use Rivers and How We Can Help Them
Additional resources for Advances in Marine Biology: 31